The Danvest Power Box® is a container or canopy enclosure comprising a conventional diesel generator fitted with the unique Danvest system. Wind or solar systems simply connect. The Danvest low-load and fast response capability enables high direct fuel savings.
- A conventional high speed 1500 / 1800 rpm diesel generator.
- A low-load unit (LLU) enabling the diesel engine to operate effectively under the 30% load threshold, at a constant speed, with stable rotations, with clean combustion, with minimal soot formation and at low fuel consumption.
- The ability to, boosted by surplus renewable energy, operate the generator in reverse power. The alternator then draws the diesel engine, consuming only a few liter of fuel per hour (1 to 2 liter at 400 kW benchmark) or even zero fuel.
- The ability to stop the engine by de-clutching it from the alternator when surplus renewable energy hits a set-point. Fuel consumption is then zero. The alternator still provides reactive power as it remains connected to the busbar.*
- The ability to restart very fast as the clutching in diesel engine is preheated and mildly pre-pressurized.
- The ability to accelerate very fast to needed load without losing frequency control, voltage and reactive power.
- A conventional diesel generator PLC controlling the frequency and voltage over the full 0 to 100% load range.
- A reliable dumpload controller to assist the genset during fast load variations. It also secures a load balance between wind energy fluctuations and variations in demand when the genset is in reverse operation or when engine is clutched out.
- The ability to control renewable energy capacities that exceed nominal genset capacity.
- The ability to handle wind and solar systems simultaneously as the frequency at the busbar is the main measure point.
- The ability to add more renewable capacity and/or energy storage systems at a later stage.
- A stable power quality of 50 / 60 Hz +/- 0.5 Hz.
- All diesel engine factory warranties apply.
- A simple, robust and reliable design.
- A design lifetime of up to 20 years.
- SCADA / VPN monitoring or else.
In essence Danvest offers a complete hybrid power solution including integration equipment, busbar, switch gear and master controllers that is ready for plug and play with wind and solar.
Standard components & maintenance
Using widely available standard components for all the important functions results in a simple and reliable design. After a short training local operators are able to operate the Danvest system that functions like a conventional genset.
Maintenance & Repair is executed by existing global diesel engine service networks. Danvest centrally monitors all of its operations.
Danvest Power Boxes
Danvest offers generator capacities between 100 and 1.800 kWe per container. When feasible, Danvest Power Boxes can modularly add up to about 25 MW per site.
The 'Container-series' either has the generator + control room together in one container (Single Line) or offers generators and control room in separate containers to allow for larger capacities (Multi Line). Dumpload systems above 400 kW are always put in a separate container.
The 'Compact-series' offers a cost-efficient range in a canopy enclosure (without clutch) instead of in a container. The dumpload system has a separate enclosure. For this moment, the Compact-series only operates in combination with solar systems.
Earn back capacity
Danvest provides 50 to 70% direct fuel savings per year with wind and 30 to 40% direct fuel savings per year with solar systems.** Danvest is also ready to combine wind and solar systems. Direct fuel savings can then be as high as 80%.
Danvest's high direct fuel savings makes projects perform to the max. Project investment recovery periods are 3 to 6 years (including CAPEX of wind and/or solar system).
As an option, energy storage systems (ESS) can be added to shift energy to create 'indirect' fuel savings. Danvest's smart operation will improve battery life and battery operation.
Our engineers will integrate all wind and/or solar systems in the design and will consider any site-specific requirements. Danvest can also be integrated with (existing) LFO/HFO power plants.
* The Compact-series does not carry a clutch** These solar fuel savings increase when demand is mainly during the day
All diesel engine factory